ページ内を移動するためのリンクです。
Health insurance benefits
現在表示しているページの位置です。

If you become sick or are injured

If you become sick or are injured, present your health insurance card when undergoing examination or treatment to obtain the necessary medical care and pay 30% of the applicable medical care costs. The amount paid at the hospital will be even lower for preschool children and elderly persons aged 70 or older.

  • Description
  • FAQ

Medical Care Benefits

  • ** See here for information on measures for reducing cost burdens for persons aged 70–74.
    Under the health insurance system, the insurance benefits paid for nonoccupational sickness and injury are called “Medical Care Benefits.” You pay only 30% of medical care costs at the medical care institution because the Health Insurance Association covers the remaining 70%.

Additional benefits

The SUNTORY HEALTH INSURANCE ASSOCIATION later pays the amount of medical care costs paid at the hospital over one month minus 25,000 yen automatically. This payment is calculated based on “the Rezept (medical cost details)” sent by the hospital to the Health Insurance Association. Payment will occur roughly three months after the month of the medical care.

Reference: “When you incur high medical care costs: How High-Cost Medical Care Benefits are calculated”

Meals during hospitalization

If you are hospitalized, in addition to the 30% copayment on medical care costs, you must also pay by yourself as meal expenses 360 yen/meal for up to three meals/day (260 yen/meal for patients with intractable diseases or specific chronic diseases of children). the Health Insurance Association will pay the difference as “Meal Expenses.”

There is no frequently asked questions and answers that have been registered.

Page Top