If you paid the full cost of the medical care provided; if you had prosthetic equipment and prescription eyeglasses made
In some cases under the health insurance system, if you paid the entire medical care cost to the medical care institution or other facility up front, the Health Insurance Association will reimburse you later.
- If you paid the full cost of the medical care provided
- If you had prosthetic equipment or prescription eyeglasses made
- If you become sick or are injured overseas
If you paid the full cost of the medical care provided
Documents to attach:
If you had prosthetic equipment or prescription eyeglasses made
|Reason for payment of medical care costs||Required documents:||Documents to attach|
|If you purchased and used prosthetic equipment such as an artificial arm or leg, an artificial eye, or a corset, as instructed by a physician||
|If you purchased a compression garment or similar item to treat lymphedema of the arms or legs|
|If you had eyeglasses or contact lenses prepared and purchased to treat juvenile amblyopia or other condition in a child of less than nine years of age See here for details.||
|If you received a live blood transfusion||
|If you underwent acupuncture, moxibustion, massage, or similar treatment with a physician’s consent||
- Attached documents all must be originals and cannot be returned.
- Certificates of benefit payment will be mailed by the Health Insurance Association to your home address.
- If you underwent massage, acupuncture, or moxibustion with a physician’s consent, you may not receive concurrent treatment for the same condition at a general hospital or clinic.
If you become sick or are injured overseas
Documents to attach:
|Notes||The amount of the benefits will be the lower of the amount based on treatment costs as established under domestic health insurance (using the insurance points [average prices] specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan) or the price paid overseas. In some cases, note that the amount of benefits you receive might be considerably less than the amount of money you actually paid. For this reason, we recommend obtaining overseas travel insurance and other such measures before traveling to ensure peace of mind.|
There is no frequently asked questions and answers that have been registered.